1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W port bungs

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Taz, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Can someone explain to me what the port bungs do that came with my B&W S3 speakers. I have the bung installed on the ctr because I was getting a 6db drop between the 2 drivers and the spec quotes 2db drop and thats what I have got now with the bung installed but the fronts and rears have no bungs in, just wondered what they do:confused:

Thanks

Taz.:cool:

2. Timmie Boy

Timmie Boy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Taz,

sorry mate,You mentioned the bungs the other day i assumed you knew. You should use them if yours are close to walls or corners (as mine are) to cut out bass boom as said. I've still not got round to putting one in my R60. I'm sure it tells you that in the manual you get with em. Tut, tut, you've not read them have you:clown:

4. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought some Mission M71's for my bedroom and they came with two round foam cut outs, could these be bass bungs? I haven't read the manual yet, but when I suggested to my other half that maybe they are supposed to be stuffed in the hole at the back of the speaker, he told me not to be so stupid, maybe some women do know more about hi-fi than men!

Mine are aon brackets on the wall and do sound quite boomy.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think your right trace.

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    right about what....that the bungs are stuffed in the back of the speakers or that some women do know more about hifi than men

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Both:eek: