1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B/W Picture using Svideo to TV

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by keelby1, Jan 3, 2004.

1. keelby1

keelby1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I'm using a Gforce 4 TI 4200 graphics card connected to the tv using the svideo connection and can only get a B/W image. Ive gone through all the settings including obviously setting it to PAL UK.

When connected to my ae100 pj using the nomal monitor connection everything is fine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +715
    S-video is Y/C (Luminance and Chrominance) sent on separate wires.
    You appear to only have the "Y" part.
    On the TV, you may have to press its A/V or video-source select button twice to get the TV in s-video mode ; the TV's OSD (on screen display) should confirm whether or not you have it in s-video mode.
    If it is in s-video mode, you can only have either a faulty lead or something incorrect in the card setup.
    Your s-video lead needs to be the correct one in that some have a "direction-switch" ; if you have a male-to-male lead try turning it round - putting the end currently at the TV into the card & vice-versa.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

3. keelby1

keelby1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Its definately not the lead as Ive used it via a dvd player through the front svideo on the front of the tv and it works fine

The most logical thing for me to do of course would be to run the svideo lead through the projector to find out if the problem is with the tv or video card

4. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I've got a GF4 MX440 card, and that seems only to put out in B/W as well ??

I never did find out what the problem was, as i'm now using the VGA out instead. I did have an S-video / phono adapter and that worked ok via comp.video ??

keelby1:

Have you tried the TV-Tool utility ?? Maybe that'll make a difference ??

Cheers

Cosmic023