B&W P5's - Any good?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by doug62, Oct 3, 2004.

1. doug62

doug62
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently won an auction for some B&W P5's which i bought spare of the moment and without really researching them(i'm a bit daft like that sometimes).
    The thing is i dont seem to be able to find much in the way of reveiws so i wondered if anyone knew much about them and also could recomend an amp that would get the best out of them?

cheers folks

Doug

2. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have some P6 at home,I wouldn't say they are exellent,but they are good,I found the treble was way too shrill,they are a bit lean,a touch thin,but have nice scale,powerful sound and fairly good imaging,it's a shame the treble is so aggresive,but they look great,mine are rosewood,I would recommend the older 800 matrix over the P range as the matrix are superb.very musical,miles better treble,natural, a much better speaker,I think you'll be happy with the P5 though,similar in sound to the CDM range.

3. doug62

doug62
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers SKA,thats put my mind at rest a bit,i'm actually going to pick em up tmorrow so i guess its too late to change my mind but i'm sure they'll be fine!i paid £280 for em,and you dont get much speaker at all for that money these days! :thumbsup:

4. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At £280 that's a steal they were about £900 new,they do look good,better than a 603.I think you'll like them,they are good,just watch out for the treble a bit though,good luck!!