1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W on stands (safe)?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by hornydragon, Jan 6, 2003.

1. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I have decided i need better speakers, especially as i will be using the setup alot more from july hopefully (i i can find a house with a nice large lounge. i was originally thinking mission M73 M7DS and M7 centre. but a recent visit to music matters has pushed me towards B&W 600 series, as i am a bit clumsy when drunk they will need good spands. hopefully the 601 or even 602 would be in my price range. but can anyone reconmend stands to match and how easily can speakers topple off. I would like the flexibility of stands, chance height without changing speakers. But haow secure are they.
    If i did go for 602 on decent stands at £80-£100 the pair that would nobble my budget for rears and centre forcing me to use my crappy technics which will sound appalling next to the B&W totally un matched! I know i need to demo but i wont have chance till the easter hols and then it will robably be june before I buy. ideally i would like to eventually have 602 fronts LCR60 centre and 600 rears with a nice sub B&W to match or maybe a velodyene if eric gets some student friendly deals.

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I've got my 602s on Nexus 6 stands. Grab them from Hifibitz for £52.99.

I used bluetack to stick the speakers to the stands =)

3. jim.rae

jim.rae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any serious drunk should be able to fall on to a couch or bed without crashing into speaker stands...only an amateur would do that...

My speakers are attached to the stands with four pieces of trusty blue tack and haven't taken a dive so far.

If you are that bothered, a couple of house bricks on each stand base will stop them moving and could get a Turner prize at the same time...

4. MuFu

MuFu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Ditto to that (except I have the 601/600s). The three columns are filled with sand and the spikes have piledrivered themselves into the vinyl floor over time. :D

Even if you whack them they only manage a "Subbuteo Player-style" wobble. :)

MuFu.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I am a very amuetur drunk but i am more worried about them being accidentally knocked or wobbled. Also Tequila Twister can get a bit out of control!!!:D :D :D
    Thanx guys i hope that it will work ok, i just wouldn't be able to cope if they fell off and died,£300 is alot of money for a pair of speakers at this stage of my life. The 5 year gaurrantee impresses me as does the no discounting lark. Don't have to compare prices at dodgy retailer to get the best deal. I just hope i like them when i listen to them. And that the missus does.:( Know all i need is £300 quid and a house to put them in!!!

6. jim.rae

jim.rae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try some barbed wire around the base of the stands and threaded up over the top of the speakers...

That should deter most attackers!

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    That could look really cool very post appocaliptic might try that cheers jim.rae