For Sale B&W Nautilus 802s in Cherry - Original Packing and Accessories

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by Monstrous, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Monstrous

Monstrous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Up for sale here are my cherished B&W Nautilus 802 speakers. They need no introduction - one of the most (if not THE most) iconic designs in Hi-Fi. Used by Abbey Road studios in London, the design quality didn't just end at the cosmetics. Exceptional speakers, the best I have owned by far.

The speakers are in good condition, with only a very small mark on one of the cabinets which can only be seen up close. The drive units are all absolutely perfect. I do still have the original boxes, accessories (grills, jumpers, manuals & replacement mid-range driver pegs) and packaging.

Viewing encouraged - although I don't have an outboard DAC at the moment, so for best results you may need to bring your own along. IMG_0902.jpg IMG_0903.jpg IMG_0904.JPG IMG_0905.jpg IMG_0906.jpg IMG_0907.jpg IMG_0908.jpg IMG_0871.jpg

I will post them, but will need the buyer to cover the cost of having these palleted and sent.

Price and currency: 3850
    Delivery: Delivery cost is not included
    Payment method: BT, Cash or PayPal

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  2. Monstrous

Monstrous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Up we go

3. fubar925

fubar925

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,154
    my post disappeared.. Nice speakers why are you selling?

4. Monstrous

Monstrous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I've ran into job difficulty and I need the money to fund a new business idea. It's heartbreaking to be honest, I wanted these for about 10 years!

5. BrianMW

BrianMW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    First sorry to hear about the difficulties, it can be gutting, been there myself before!

Been tempted by upgrading my 803s to 802's a few times, should be easy for me to come through and get a demo as I'm in Livingston so not too far away and I could collect also...

...but, just bought a new Mac Pro and 21:9 monitor so already broke the bank this month! How solid are you on price are you open to reasonable offers? I think they are a little over the prices I have seen them before in various places, what I mean is I don't want to waste your time demoing and stuff if we are going to end too far apart?

PS you mention a mark on them, is it on the cabinet veneer, the dome or the rubbery surface?

Lastly, how old are they and how many owners if your not the first?

Thanks, Brian

6. Monstrous

Monstrous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I am absolutely open to reasonable offers. I'd actually consider a part-ex with speakers of a lower value, so I'd consider knocking a massive amount off if you traded me your 803s :). It's on the cabinet veneer, it's just to the right of the drive units on the photo I've got. I didn't take it in the brightest light so you can't see it.

I'm not sure of year of manufacture, I know I'm the second owner. I bought them from an Italian guy on HiFi WigWam last year. Having had a good look over the speakers with a torch, there's the mark I mentioned on one veneer, and the same mark on the other speaker. More than a foot away you can't see these - even in daylight. There's also a line on the metal surround of one of the drive units, but the rubber and kevlar of the units is untouched.

7. fubar925

fubar925

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,154
    Sorry to hear about your job difficulties..

If your considering trades I have a pair of dali helicons 800mk1 in the adverts?

I'm also with the other guy and think you may have overpriced them a mint pair went for £2800 delivered on here end of last year. For Sale - B&W 802N Speakers | AVForums

I little bit far away from you to just pop over for a demo but am interested so will follow this thread see how it goes..

8. Mr X

Mr X
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,570
    Long shot but - any interest in a trade plus cash for my B&W XT series it's 5.1 with stands for the rears and PV1 sub

9. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,579
    Any trade offers need to be priced for the comparison.

Cheers

10. BrianMW

BrianMW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    Thanks for that and getting back to me, sadly the 'New AVF Forum' didn't bother to send me the notice of the reply, grrr :)

OK, It would be great if we could trade speakers plus cash, my 803s (S) versions not (N803) were bought new from Stereo Stereo in Glasgow so I am the first owner and they are cherry wood veneers and in really great condition but not 100%, there is on tiny mark on the right rear of the veneer (smaller than a full stop) of one speaker and a very faint scratch on the left side of the veneer on the other but its so faint I can no longer see it but I have seen it before, when the shop set them up to demo them the 'walked' the speakers on the spikes!!! dumb as it weakened the spike locator bolts but they function fine, they are such a dead weight when in place it doesn't matter but made me mad at the time... but really I am being picky, they are complete with boxes and jumpers and stuff, if we trade I guess I could deliver when I collect if that makes sense and you are also welcome to demo and look over mines :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are lots more pictures of them in the link in my signature.

Regarding trade plus cash, I think I would value my 803s speakers at £2200 and I could offer this plus £1300 for your n802's giving them a value of £3500 but obviously this is all based on that demo and checking them over, what do you think?

I will keep checking in on the thread as even though I'm subscribed its not for sending me the updates!

Thanks, Brian

11. Monstrous

Monstrous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    How much are you valuing the Dalis at in this trade?

Those other ones were in a less desirable colour than mine plus mine have the boxes (it's almost impossible to transport these safely without the boxes and packaging - as the marlin head isn't bolted on so you need the polystyrene). Plus, these speakers are actually going up in value, keep an eye on auction sites for 802N/Ds - nobody wants to get rid of these models, so the demand is high and pushing the prices up. Plus I need to leave myself wiggle room :p.

I'm only interested in trades for stereo pairs - I'm a two channel guy sorry!

Ah, StereoStereo. Where I first saw the 800 range in person when I was about 14! I'm carefully considering this offer, I just need to make sure that with that sort of cash, I can still start up my operation. I'll add another post here later on with an update.

Edit - added some more pictures highlighting the marks I've mentioned.

12. fubar925

fubar925

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,154
    My mistake post removed

13. Monstrous

Monstrous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I think we're just too far apart here, the market value of these speakers is almost twice what you paid for the Dalis.

The last pair here that were fully boxed with all the stuff went for £3450 (For Sale - B&W Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 802 N802 Cherrywood | AVForums Granted these were a while ago, but the speakers have only became rarer since, and have held their value, if not increased. So for both parties, we're probably just going to have to leave it at an impasse.

Enjoy the Sony! Very underrated high end kit.

14. harry_houdini

harry_houdini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Lovely iconic set, I have been in 2 minds to sell my beloved 803D's for 802D's but redundancy may be forcing me to rethink that plan completely! Monstrous, you may want to consider looking at advertising at Hi-Fi Wigwam or pinkmediafish.net where they are more orientated towards hi-end gear. Free bump

15. Monstrous

Monstrous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I probably will advertise them there eventually, but as I frequent the classifieds here, have more of a history etc, I thought I'd try here first. Plus I've sold some really expensive watches on thus forum, so I know there is money to be spent around here, haha.

I'll give them a while here first, they're great and rare speakers, so I thought I'd offer them to the classifieds that have never failed me first.

16. fubar925

fubar925

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,154
    My mistake post removed

17. BrianMW

BrianMW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    I guess that means you are no longer considering my offer? Fair enough, best of luck with the sale...

18. Monstrous

Monstrous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Not sure about that, but if you're valuing it against something else, you can't use a higher value than what you paid for them on this forum (anti-profiteering) I think? I paid £3850 for them when I bought them on Hifi Wigwam, which I can have verified if desired.

Because of the boxes and accessories. Hifi in general took a hit last year and is now on the rise again for all things. Perhaps he wanted a quick sale or so on. Someone actually sold the boxes for these on a website about 6 months ago for £500. As I said, they are practically impossible to move otherwise. Realistically I do expect to get less than the £3850, but certainly not a value starting with a 2.

I understand you're not trying to be rude, and to stop us bickering or such, that's why I suggested just not proceeding, no point arguing if we both value our items differently :). I think I actually contemplated buying those Dalis...

I am still considering the offer, by what I wrote, I mean they'll go there if they don't go here. I'm considering your offer closely, just taking a good little while to consider it and see if I can work out a budget at that sort of cash input :).

19. BrianMW

BrianMW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    OK, if you are interested perhaps I could come through at the weekend and check the n802's out? if not I don't want to waste your time though, one thing to keep in mind I would be able to deliver and collect so that would not only save money but a bit of hassle too, thanks :)

20. Floyd AVF

Floyd AVF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,092
    Fubar925 - even though they're trade only, you cannot value your items at £5000 when they only cost you £1900.
    They're worth £1900, end of

21. fubar925

fubar925

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,154
    Not sure about that, but if you're valuing it against something else, you can't use a higher value than what you paid for them on this forum (anti-profiteering) I think? I paid £3850 for them when I bought them on Hifi Wigwam, which I can have verified if desired.

Because of the boxes and accessories. Hifi in general took a hit last year and is now on the rise again for all things. Perhaps he wanted a quick sale or so on. Someone actually sold the boxes for these on a website about 6 months ago for £500. As I said, they are practically impossible to move otherwise. Realistically I do expect to get less than the £3850, but certainly not a value starting with a 2.

I understand you're not trying to be rude, and to stop us bickering or such, that's why I suggested just not proceeding, no point arguing if we both value our items differently :). I think I actually contemplated buying those Dalis...

No he upgraded his stereo set to a horn system he was using the B&W 800 for his cinema system mind and Im pretty sure he was using 802 for rears...lol

You are right of course and I will wish you luck...!

22. fubar925

fubar925

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,154
    Out of interest did you sell these at the weekend?

23. Silviss

Silviss
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,
    It's still for sale?
    If yes would you accept offer £3000 cash I can come to pick up on Saturday.
    Many thanks
    Silvestras

24. BrianMW

BrianMW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    Not sure Monstrous is too bothered about selling these speakers (here at least) he hasn't updated for 8 days now even though he was on the forum 2 days ago! not very appropriate as people had asked questions... I was going to change my offer and make it cash only like yours but though better of it due to the lack of seller response... shame :suicide:

25. Silviss

Silviss
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

26. Silviss

Silviss
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Agree,it looks like he has change his minde

27. Monstrous

Monstrous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Apologies to everyone. Macbook decided to destroy itself over the weekend so I've not been able to get on the forums. I've came into money elsewhere so I'm withdrawing these from sale just now.