1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W Nautilus 802

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Crustyloafer, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    I am in the process of selling my Acoustic Energy AE1 Mk3 speakers. I have put links to the relevant classifieds below.

Anyway my main question is has anybody listened to the B&W Nautilus 802s and if you have what did you think about them? They will be initially amplified with my Musical Fidelity A308 integrated and my main source is the Arcam CD33, although I do play a lot of DVD-A on the Arcam DV89 also. If you have or haven't listened to them can you recommend any other speakers worth auditioning? I will have about up to £6000 retail price to spend on them.

Acoustic Energy AE1 Mk3 for Sale

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    I've instaled quite a few sets and thought them superb. The lowest spec amp I used with one lot was a Denon AV1SE and even that was miles better than I thought it would be. Not familier with your amplifier or CD so can't comment. Great speakers though.

Gordon

3. Plump

Plump
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you can afford them, it is no brainer.

However audition and comparison to simmilar priced speakers can bring you even more. Try Utopias Be (or Electra Be) if you can.