1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W MT20 or MA Radius R90 AV ????

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jonandjen, Oct 14, 2005.

1. jonandjen

jonandjen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Finally decided to double my speaker budget (having originally nearly gone for the MS Premier Plus) and have now got to a showdown decision between the B&W MT20 package or the Monitor Audio Radius R90 AV. Both get excellent reviews (B&W in particular) and both have passed the wife test!!!!

I have demoed the B&W's (with a Denon 2106 and Yamaha 757) and was mightily impressed. I have been unable to demo the MA's as yet, but assume they will be close to the B&W's. I (ever so) slightly favour the looks of the MA's, but also like the look of the B&W's and would be happy to choose them if they were deemed the best performers etc.

Do any of you guys have any thoughts / comments on the performance of the packages, that may help my final decision ???

Will be hooked up to either a Yamaha 2600 or Denon 3806 (whichever arrives first at my local dealers!!!)

Regards, jonandjen :confused:

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    MA speakers are usually very good, i own the Silver S range and its all sweet :)

i'm actually thinking of grabbing 5 of the R45's and a cheaper end amp, marry them with my spare Quake sub and use them as my surround sound for the computer, would help free up my Denon 3805's Ext Inputs for the DVD players 6 channel out for DVD-A/SACD....

i'd recommend finding somewhere to demo them, see if there is a Sevenoaks nearby, they should have some you can listen to....

3. Falp

Falp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I would go with the MA but a Marantz 5500 instead...