B & W Movies

KLX2by

Novice Member
B & W Movies - Best TV's

Howdy,

I've been trying to create a list for Tv's; LCD, LED, Plasma (CRT Too heavy);

I have an old Sharp 26" that knocks it out of the park with B&W movies (30's - 50's)

I've had Sony's, Samsungs, LG's all great tv's . ( I know Plasma's are the best for Blacks)

My question to the community is?

What's your fav Tv for B&W? too many options for 4K and Bells Whistles galore! I'm not looking for that.

I'm thinking older TV's as in, I usually buy used.

Thanks for any input.

Cheers ;

🎬

Dodgexander

They stopped making good HD TVs around 2014 and stopped making good SD ones before that. So really probably your best bet nowadays is an OLED TV, you'll gain the best contrast but since it is a 4k panel it will need a lot of upscaling which will mean the image is softer than lower resolution displays.

The sheer technological advancement should make up for that though.

There's only two display technologies sold today, LCD TVs and OLED. QLED and LED are just LCD TVs.

For the best near to black handling on an OLED TV in the USA look at Sony's, although LG and Vizio models aren't far behind.

Dodgexander

A 2013-14 second hand HD model may be your best bet, 2013 was also the last year they made Plasma TVs...but with the second hand market you only really get to choose what comes your way. May be better off buying a cheap HD TCL or similar today. Won't be as good, but much less hassle.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom