B&W Matrix 801 Series 3 vs B&W Nautilus 804

mlinhares

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to buy used for almost the same amount of money a B&W 801 Matrix Series 3 or a Nautilus 804 speakers.
I already have Nautilus 805 which I love and will go to rear duties. I need opinions. Which in your opinion should I buy?

I can't speak from personal experience, but most B&W dealers I've spoken to have been rather rude about Nautilus 804s. The consensus seems to be that there really isn't much point in going higher than 805s unless you're prepared to go all the way up to 803s.

Several people on this forum have written in glowing terms about the Signature 805, though, which sells for about the same price as the Nautilus 804. Might be worth an audition.

I think my amp Tag 250x3 will do the trick with the 801 Matrix. About the Sig 805 that's another option because I have a good sub. a Rel Strata III.

I have been lucky enough to get my hands on a pair of 805 Signatures.
Yes they are yummy. Only had them a week so not fully run In.

Have you had the opportunity to compare the Sig's 805 with the Nautilus 802?
Does anyone know if there's going to be a revision of the Nautilus 805 with the Sig. 805 hardware, i.e. a Sig 805 cherry or red cherry (because I already have a pair of cherry finish 805 and I'm not seeing a very favorable opinion from the missus about several different "boxes")?

Does anyone know if there's going to be a revision of the Nautilus 805 with the Sig. 805 hardware
Very unlikely. There are a lot of differences between N805 and S805 - for example, the S805 case is made from a different kind of wood. I doubt that you'll see any sort of convergence until B&W announce a completely new range in the way that the Nautilus 800 series was a completely new range compared to the "Matrix" series.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom