B&W M1 speakers - looking for alternative subwoofer to the PV1

achapman14

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay I am going to take the plunge and buy a denon avr 2310, I did listen to the B&W mt30 set with the amp which sounded good. However I am thinking about getting the M1 speakers but perhaps another subwoofer instead of the PV1. Is there any other recommendations to what to look for?

Okay I am going to take the plunge and buy a denon avr 2310, I did listen to the B&W mt30 set with the amp which sounded good. However I am thinking about getting the M1 speakers but perhaps another subwoofer instead of the PV1. Is there any other recommendations to what to look for?

Yeah, definately not the PV1 - been there done that.(1 Previous owner of MT30)

Look at SVS / BK Subs to go with the M1s:smashin:

Hi, I changed my PV1 for an SVS PB13 Ultra :devil: I think that says it all really!

Nik

Slightly off subject, but I am happy with the MT-30 PV-1 system seems inpressive to me; however has anyone got a good default Speaker Level setting for 5.1 i.e I have used the Set Up Mike that came with my Denon Amp but somehow it does not seem right, I know its a hard one to answer but any pointer would be welcome i.e the differentail between Rear and Front and Centre , mainly this in relation to Blue Ray Movies. Also the PV-1 setting , I still dont quite get the dials on the unit and at what level to set it , currently playing at - 1.5 db

Hi, I changed my PV1 for an SVS PB13 Ultra :devil: I think that says it all really!

Nik

Those things are very heavy and a wee bit out my price range at the moment. When I was listening to the PV1 the bass sounded, how can I put it not quite there, sounded okay for the movies but for clarity it was like listening to someone talking over a tannoy speaker.

Those things are very heavy and a wee bit out my price range at the moment. When I was listening to the PV1 the bass sounded, how can I put it not quite there, sounded okay for the movies but for clarity it was like listening to someone talking over a tannoy speaker.

Mate, the PV1 is almost £700 if you can get a good discount, yet you can get smaller SVS / BK subs for under £600

I would go for a sealed sub with the M1 speakers as the sealed sub will typically sound better in the 80Hz and higher area.

Maybe an BK XLS400 or SVS SB12+ ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom