Question B&W M1 MK2 Speaker Stand

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by vincet, Jul 15, 2018.

1. vincet

vincet
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi all, for those who owns or know something about the current M1 speaker stand, do you know if the cable connection (after connected to the speaker stand) is actually at foot of the speaker stand or do I have to take into account the height of the stand all the way to the connector?

I'm looking to get some cables and I was not able to find much information on this from the official manual. Though in one of the drawings it looks like the cable was connecting to the "neck" part of the stand, however one of the retailers mentioned that the connection is actually at the foot.

The stand is about 95.8cm, so it's quite decent distance to be missed in the cable length calculation.

2. MacVee

MacVee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    The speaker cable should run through the back of the base plate to the middle and then up through the pole. This may be what the retailer was getting at, but the connection/termination is indeed at the very top at the neck. The official drawing should be right.

You can also make the speaker cable taut using the screws and plastic clips on the bottom of the base, a handy cable tidy basically. This may be what the retailer was getting at too. So please take both into consideration when calculating cable lengths.

I used to have these stands, they are known officially as FS-M1 if you need to double check.

3. vincet

vincet
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I just checked with them again, they mentioned that there’s actually cable built into the stand, all I need is just cable from AVR to the base of the stand. Is that the case for you? I’m referring to the second version of m1 (2012).

4. MacVee

MacVee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    No that is not the case for me. What they have mentioned would simply not be possible as the stand comes in two separate parts, the base and the post. Mine came posted in two seperate boxes so there was no way for internal cabling to already be present between base and stand.

Here is a link for the one's I had, they are certainly the post 2012 stands. I sold them on the classifieds here earlier this year. Bowers & Wilkins FS-M1 speaker stands

Just to clarify, your speaker cable will need to run all the way to the neck of the post. You then terminate these into binding posts and secure them by screwing them in with the small flathead screwdriver that should have been supplied with them.

This termination has two metal prongs on the top side of it, this is where you would seat your M1 MK2 speaker.