B&W M-1 : when will the new version be released? alternatives?

thestorm

hey all

I'm looking to partner my proac s125 stereo and proac centre channel with B&W M-1 for rear.
This is for a 5.1 setup, my sub is a BK monolith. I own an Arcam AVR-400.

Can anyone please advise when the new version will be released?
And what alternative are there?
The rear speakers need to be wall mounted.

Cheers

pppp1

New version released in April with the new M1 costing GBP150 and the PV1D GBP1200. There's also a less expensive subwoofer but i'm not sure what's the model number and price. Floorstands for M1 are GBP200 a pair.

Alternatives would be the Monitor Audi Apex, Paradigm MilleniaOne, Dali Fazon or Motif.

thestorm

Thanks for the info, April is a long time away. :(
I might consider the MA Apex but thst is double the price of the M-1.
Do you know if it is much better in quality?

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
New version released in April with the new M1 costing GBP150 and the PV1D GBP1200. There's also a less expensive subwoofer but i'm not sure what's the model number and price. Floorstands for M1 are GBP200 a pair.

Alternatives would be the Monitor Audi Apex, Paradigm MilleniaOne, Dali Fazon or Motif.

All of those options are a fair bit more expensive than the MTs except for the Fazons.

Monitor Audio Apex: £2500
Paradigm Millenia One with either Millenia Sub or Seismic 110: £2500
Dali Fazon with E-12 Sub: £1700
Dail Fazon LCR (No longer called Motif) with E-12 Sub: £2500

Another option nearer the OPs price bracket would be the KEF T205 or T305 packs which are £1500 and £1700 respectively and would easily give the MTs a run for their money.

Of course if the OP has a more flexible budget then the other options suggested are well worth looking at, especially the Millenia Sats which are very good indeed.

Cheers,

Chris.

thestorm

Thanks for the suggestions.
I only intend to buy 2 rear speakers rather than upgrade the whole package.
I think considering the quality of my amp and remaining speakers I should stick to the MA apex a10 speakers for the rear. I don't think I can wait that long for the m-1 to he released although I've discovered they are half the price!

pppp1

.......especially the Millenia Sats which are very good indeed.

Better than the rest? I'm thinking of replacing the MT-30 but I don't know if I should go with the Paradigm or wait for the new MT. MA Apex is not an option because i don't have the space for the bigger center speaker.

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
Better than the rest? I'm thinking of replacing the MT-30 but I don't know if I should go with the Paradigm or wait for the new MT. MA Apex is not an option because i don't have the space for the bigger center speaker.

Yes, without question. I have have the Millenia One sats and Seismic 110 set up on the shop floor which is a less than ideal environment and they sound absolutely spectacular.

I heave heard the MT series on many occasions in the past and these surpass them in every way possible. Obviously I am not in a position to comment on the new MT series coming out, but then do you really want to wait until April?

jakobh

Standard Member
April? I've heard Jan-Feb... Would be a bummer for our sales. Definitely gonna ask the rep again!

thestorm

Hey guys,

Thanks for your helpful tips and advice.
I managed located a second hand pair of ProAc Hexa speakers.
ProAc - perfectly natural

they sound amazingly clear and fit in with the rest of my speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom