1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W LCR60 or 600?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by dex, Jun 2, 2002.

1. dex

dex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm considering upgrading to a B&W600 setup and have decided to go with the 603's as fronts and 601's as rears. What I want to know is the LCR600 worth the extra £150 over the LCR60?

2. dAvE6

dAvE6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Definetly!

I own those very speakers now. I used to have the series 2 CC6 centre speaker for £200. The LC60 for £200 in this range IS better, but the LCR600 is just superb. It's very dynamic, with a great frequancy range, fast bass and great treble. It's also a better match for the 603's than the lcr60. And remember that the centre speaker is a very important part of the speaker setup.

3. Patrick vdb

Patrick vdb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also would recommend the LCR600 over the LCR60. Not is it only the best matching center when used with the 603 it also a better choice when using it with the 602 or even 601 as fronts.
    Because the centerspeaker is the most important one within the 5.1 set-up (or 6.1 and 7.1) a good sounding one is very important (it will bring your audiopart more come to life). Choose the LCR600 and you won't be dissappointed.

Best regards,

Patrick

4. dex

dex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys, the LCR600 it is then :D

5. dAvE6

dAvE6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know £350 seems like a lot of money, but for the price it's really in a league of it's own amoung centre speakers.

6. Patrick vdb

Patrick vdb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dex

Do not forget to listen to the LCR60 also. We might say that the LCR600 is a better choice (which it also is;)) but it's your money and you have to listen to it.

Although it seems a lot of money don't let this be the strongest factor in making your choice. It's better to wait a bit longer (and save some bucks) then purchasing something now which you want to replace later.

Best regards

Patrick

7. dex

dex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again for the advice, I certainly will listen to both before I buy. Do any of you know if the ASW600/650 are worth getting or should I go with a Rel 150?

I'm budgeting for around £2000 but I need to include av racks and stands in that and have my eye on stuff in the Soundstyle range.

8. dAvE6

dAvE6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would go for the REL Q150. I have the Q200 which i got for around £400 from laservision.com, which i think is a well suited and very competant companion to the b&w's.

As for stands, i got the Atacama Nexus 6 speaker stands for the 601 speakers, which i bought from www.hifibitz.com The best speaker stands by far for the money.

9. ScottW75

ScottW75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +677
    Just to bring this thread back from the dead, I got a demo of the LCR600 today and own an LCR60 with 603's.

Needless to say the difference was huge. I have ordered an LCR600 and will be selling the 60 shortly.