B&w htm2 or cdm cnt

Steve c m

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all
After purchasing a lovely pair of b&w 603 s2's from a member of this forum I'm now looking for a centre speaker, ideally I would like to pick up a b&w cdm cnt but they seem to be few & far between
However I have the chance of picking up a b&w htm2, but would this be way out of matching up to my 603''s ?
Thank you kindly in advance for any help given

Hi there Steve!

Since you haven't received an answer to this, I thought I would offer my opinion since I have owed the 603s and HTM4s (next gen up from the HTM2).

Ok the CDM-CNT is perhaps more of a match for the 603s that the HTM2, but it may be worth opting for an LCR3 centre - I think this ones matches the best. Remember the centre speaker should be a match to the front speakers, allowing correct panning between the front soundstage.

Regarding the HTM2 (this was part of the B&W 800 series) back in early 2000. I think this may actually be a bit too advanced for the 603s - perhaps standing out like a sore thumb when you play movies/music. The frequency response is better on the HTM2.

With that being said - I guess you may need to demo the speakers on your setup first, is there anyway you can do this?

Thanks for the reply, it is appreciated , I was beginning to think my question had been made invisible : (
After trauling the nett I have read that the cdm cnt pairs up quite nicely to the 603's ( quite a few people seem to have that opinion) but obviously they come up for sale on here & eBay few & far between, so when a hdm2 came up for sale I thought it might be an option but you have said what I was kind of thinking that it would be no match for my lesser quality 603's
So the search for a cdm cnt continues or maybe now an lcr3 unfortunately I don't have enough cudos to post a wanted add on here yet ??
In answer to your question.. No I won't be able to demo the centre speaker unfortunately as it will be a forum or eBay purchase
Thanks again for your help

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom