• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

b&w fs 700 speaker stand filling

ppj

Established Member
hi all , i have b&w cm1 speakers bolted to fs700 stands and have seen a few threads about stands being filled with sand or mass loading material having a beneficial effect on the sound and performance , anyone able to comment on their experience of doing this ,cheers

KUBBY

Prominent Member
Hi,

Yes. Having an empty stand,partially filling or totally filling the voids will have an effect on your speaker sound.

Be patient,somebody will be along to give their views on the matter,I'm sure.

As an aside,mine are empty at the moment,but I havn't finished my set up.

K.

Last edited:

ppj

Established Member
going to go ahead and load them , just not sure whether to go for dried sand or atacama atabites , i dont know if i can justify cost if i need more than 1 tub at £30 a time tho.

KUBBY

Prominent Member
Someone,somewhere mentioned play sand from Toys R Us.

K.

pwood

Prominent Member
Do not fill the stand right to the top. Fill half way and see how the sound is and add a bit at a time after that. Too much can cause a loss in dynamics in the bass and result in a ONE note effect albeit we are talking subtle differences here.

ppj

Established Member
filled them with playsand from argos , dried it in oven :thumbsup: what difference in sound everything just that bit tighter , guitar more rounded and vocals crisper , they 3/4 full and sound coooooooooooooool:smashin:

KUBBY

Prominent Member
Glad you got sorted,

How much did you pay for the sand and what quantity?

K

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom