1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W fronts 604 or 603

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Kobus, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Kobus

Kobus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am setting up a new home theater. Room size 6 x 4 m. My amp will propably be the Pioneer vsx5i (7 x 100 W). I will be listening to music as well as watching movies including music DVD's.

I will include a decent sub in the system, my question is:
    Will the DM 603 be enough or will the 604 provide better all round performance. I suppose I am scared that the 604 will be to much in terms of bass considering that I will have a sub.

Thank you

Kobus

2. CYRUStheVIRUS

CYRUStheVIRUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    603'S would be fine at filling room, even 602's and a great sub would do the job imo. cheers John

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    Having previously owned DM603's in a similar sized room to you I agree that they are more than good enough if partnered with a good sub. Be aware though that they are rear ported and therefore need to be placed away from the wall or you will likely get very boomy bass from them.

Mark.

4. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    What's the sub?

5. Kobus

Kobus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies so far. As I am new to this forum, I have say that this is amazing, I fell at "home".

I must still decide on the sub. Would prefer to stay with the B&W range, also availability and review options here in South Africa is propably less than in the UK.

Any suggestion on sub will be good. I notice there are subs with rating of say 150-200W, and for a lot more money there are 500w + subs. What is the minimum requirement for a decent sub?.