B&W FPM'S

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by delosen, Feb 25, 2005.

1. delosen

delosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Need Some Advice Please-have Opted For The Pioneer Xde/b&w Fpm 4 And Fpm 2 Speakers /subwoofer B&w Pvi/denon 3805 Amp/denon 2910 Dvd.heard A Demo And It Sounded Great.does Anyone Have A Better Combo Do Go For And Why??

2. BAN5HEE

BAN5HEE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +552
    I would change the AMP to the Pioneer AX5ai and the DVD to the Pioneer 868AVi but then again that just me. :D

3. delosen

delosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks-i will check out the pioneer amp and dvd.what about your speaker choice?i also have a pair of B&W 602 speakers which i am considering using as i dont make much use of them with my hi-fi-any thoughts there!!!!

4. Blingtastic

Blingtastic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking at exactly the same set up with the XDE/FPM4's ,FPM2's but using the Pio AX5ai & 868avi as ban5hee mentioned. Has anyone heard and seen all this put together and if so what was the outcome.
    Where would be the best place to buy all of this gear in a one off purchase to get the best deal?? First of all where can i here all of this equipment together in Scotland.
    Cheers

5. Blingtastic

Blingtastic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone. please!!

6. Bob P99

Bob P99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Delosen,

Your first choice is almost exactly what I am thinking of - did you go for this FPM / Denon set-up and if so what do you think of it? Good for music as well as HC?

Cheers,
    B.

7. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    Hey Blingtastic, we have the FPM series on demonstration in our shop (Sevenoaks Edinburgh) if you want to book a demo and have a listen.

8. leedsfireman

leedsfireman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Crustyloafer, do the FPM series live up to the good B&W brand?
    Andy

9. simonb01

simonb01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was originally looking for sub sat package around £1500. Replacing Stero set up (Pre + 2 x Mono block Amps with polk Floor Standers). My aim was to get sub sat which didnt comprimise stereo to much so mostly listened in stero setup. After listening to some typical sets (Kef, Mision M Cubes) i ended up at Audio T (Brentwood - very helpful, nice brew). There i tested Monitor Audio Radius, M&Ks 5/7, Tannoy's although Audio T suggested FPM's with regards to my brief. After listening to all these and being very disappointed i listened to the FPM 4 with REL Stampede Sub. Unfortunately for my budget whilst all the rest missed mid range, etc. these were much better. However i am not sure i would use in direct mode without the sub. Sub really improves the LFE / field. These i have partnered with a new Marantz sr8500 and i am very happy with sound - unfortunately i now have spent all my money on a 2.1 replacement of previous but at least the sat comprise is minor. In future i will upgrade to an FPM5 for centre (matching Philips 32" LCD better) but probably some di/tro poles for rear (M&K surrouns 5/Xenon 25). Overall if this level of Amp (read denon similar to marantz) and speakers can match my previous Stereo set up i imagine it will do very well for surround.