1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&w Ds7

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Supra, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Supra

Supra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I am thiking of getting this speaker for surround duties. Does any body have any opinions. The reason i'm after this particular one is to match the b&w cdm 9nt and cdmnt centre. Will be using kef q55.2 for rears.

Currently i am running my speakers through a roksan kandy anmp which is connected to a yamaha dsp e800, this processor will be upgraded, cant make up my mind as yet what to go for.

Any help on the ds7 will be apreciated, cant seem to find that much info on it.

I will be demoing it, which i know is the only way to decide, but opinions will be apreciated thanks in advance.

The sub duties are carried out by a servo 15.

2. Montana

Montana
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think the reason you're not finding to much on these , is because AFAIK they are brand new to the range(along with the ds6 s3's).
    Just from a visual point of view I think they a little boxy, but it depends on what they sound like of course.
    It looks as though the ds7 is from the new 700 series of B & W range and(hopefully) should match up nicely with you're other B&W's that you have.
    Let us know what you think after the audition, and I hope this has been a little helpful.

Andy

3. Supra

Supra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks, thought someone may have had a listen. i will audition the B&ws , but i i'm not sure what to compare with them. Any suggestions would be welcome.

4. Montana

Montana
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The most obvious choice would be if they have any older B&W surrounds there as well, if not then something like the Mission M7DS would be a good start then go up from there.
    A good thing to do is listen to di-poles , bi-poles, and bookshelf surrounds for the rears, as you're going to like one better than the others.ALL of this depends on one thing, and that's you're budget, which we have no idea what it is ?
    Personally I went for the Monitor Audio Sfx rears, I chose these for several reasons.One , My room shape left me with no alternative(5.1 setup)other than having the surrounds behind me, as to the sides there is an alcove one side and french doors the other.Two , I had to be careful on what Ohm rating the speakers were(something I hadn't mentioned before, sorry),because my AV Receiver could handle 8-16Ohms properly.Myoriginal choice was the M&K K4 tripole surrounds but they were 4Ohms.Lastly three, after I had auditioned the Sfx's in a local Sevenoaks, they had a slightly damaged pair(only visible with the grills off), which didn't bother me as I prefered them with the grills on anyway, AND they were at least £100 off.
    What ever you go for it's always a tight line between budget and what you're ear likes the sound of(unless you are a lottery winner:laugh: ).Let us know what you think of what you heard , and any comments.

Andy