1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W DM610

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Kazman, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi there

How would the wonderful people on this forum rate the B&W DM610's.

I know, they are discontinued, but someone at work is selling them for £99.

Anybody have these? And does anyone know what their retail value was when new, and what they are worth now (approximately)?

Any feedback is appreciated.

2. hearswideopen

hearswideopen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am the proud owner of a pair of DM610 for 10 years now! They moved around europe along with me and when I feel rich, they will still be part of my Hi fi as back speakers for the suround business.

I am still an amateur but very strict on emotions I want from my hifi. The DM610 do just right for me behind a Denon POA 1500, I bi-wired then with some 2.5mm2. All this is behind a Linn Wakonda, sometimes slightly dry.
    PS: I listen and enjoy every music: from pipes to rain storms through Palmyra, Stan getz, 2pac, 50cent, outkast, Eminen, Alicia Keys...

My next buy will be a subwoofer to cover down to 25 hz (which no shelf or column speaker really render).

99 pounds is great value!
    Hope this helps.
    Also read : http://www.avahifi.com/root/audio_basics/ab_pdf/ab1992-05.pdf

3. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think they were £200,but it was a few years ago,they are like the 602,were a good speaker.I would say 40-50 a more relistic price giving age.