B&W DM604 S3 reviews?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by MarkB, May 1, 2002.

1. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Has anyone seen any reviews of these speakers? I've hunted high and low and found nothing.
    Also anyone that owns them, especially in a multichannel setup, I'd welcome your comments too!
    Cheers
    Mark

2. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,903
  3. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Thanks Jase.

4. Doug

Doug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am using the B&W's in the following setup:

Sony KP44PS2,Sony DVP NS900,Denon 3802,B&W S3 604 Fronts,B&W S3 LCR600 Centre,
    B&W S3 602.5 Sides,QED Squart RGB Only,QED Qunex SR75 Coaxial,QED Silver Anniversary Bi-Wire

They are phenomenal, the bass is incredible and that's proved important as I'm still waiting for the matching sub to be released. For AV use, they handle deep bass in explosions, etc very well and higher frequency sounds such as glass shattering, etc seem crisper. For music listening to them in Direct mode at 0db is almost a religous experience, Madonna's Music really shows what they can do!:D

Having recently got the SACD player, I have been enjoying the benefits of this and I nearly hit the roof when the cannon shots went off on Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture:eek:

So I am really enjoying them,they look good and sound even better each time I use them.