B&W DM600/601 s3 With Marantz Sr4600?

Xerotrace

Novice Member
Good enough? O.T. Do you think it will be worth waiting for the s4's? the guy in SSAV and Phase 3 hi fi (soton) said about may time. TIA

sjj84

Novice Member
Series 4 aren't coming out in May, they are expected to be released in the Autumn. I decided not to bother waiting and bought a set of series 3 speakers, very nice they are too.

Xerotrace

Novice Member
Thanks for the quick response. Where can i find info on the s4's? the B&W site does not even hint at the S4's. This dude in SSAV said they will have stuff from the CM1's.

EliasGS

Standard Member
i have 603 for fronts, 601 for rears and 60 for the center and runniing with Marantz 4600 avr

i think speakers are good for surround but you can get better avr. 4600 does not do upsampling and does not have hdmi input/output. Marantz 7001 would be good enough and has a good stereo sound as far as i know.

about the S4's there is some info on the HTGuide site and info can be found here

http://www.kundas.net/600s4.pdf

a little bit about pricing is also here

http://www.privatech.fr/lng_FR_srub...-serie-600.html

as i was told new s4 series will not be an update for s3, they are improved and would be between 600 and 700 series and note that they are made in china, not England as s3's used to be

Xerotrace

Novice Member
The S4s seem like right but made in china?? and price? might get the 601s. Better than these 16year old (i think) panasonics!:D I will haggle for them, Is 250 about right? thats what phase 3 hi fi has them for.

Rizob

The S4s seem like right but made in china?? and price? might get the 601s. Better than these 16year old (i think) panasonics!:D I will haggle for them, Is 250 about right? thats what phase 3 hi fi has them for.
I think £250 is their RRP. And after seeing what the S4 look like i think i'm going to stick with the S3 for my surround setup. I prefer the look of them, and already own a pair of 602s3 so i can just buy another pair for the rears and then grab either the LCR60s3 or LCR600s3 for the centre speaker. Now i just have to decide which amp to power them :D

Thanks for linking that brochure EliasGS, i've been waiting months to see what they look like before making my decision! :thumbsup:

Any idea if we will be seeing price drops on the S3s or are they not being phased out for a while?

evans

Novice Member
have got the 601 S3,s and can recommend them for sound, very nice indeed. I only paid around 210 for them but excellent value.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom