B&W CWM8.3d Processor Matching

Leflorian

Novice Member
Hello AV Folks,

I am planning to build a home cinema, in a couple of stages, starting with B&W CWM8.3d in wall speakers, centre, left and right.

At this stage video input will be Apple TV into a 16:9 Optima USTP projector.

As for the 800s, I would like to keep the investment at that level to be comparable to my Magico, Aurender, Plinius two channel system.

What processor and amplifier would you recommend to match the speaker investment?

Thanks!

Last edited:

ashenfie

I think I would get an Arcam AVR30 and not a get a separate processor.

What is your actual budget that you're planning on spending.

The 8.3D's are stunning speakers and will need pretty decent amplification to do them justice!!

As suggested an Arcam AVR30 would be a good one box solution.

If funds allow you could look at the AVR10 coupled with a PA720 power amp which would still give you DIRAC room EQ etc.

If you really want to push the boat out then you'd struggle to beat the Lyngdorf MP40 for a processor but by the time you've added a decent power amp you'll be in excess of £10k!!

Leflorian

Novice Member
Thanks Arcam_Boy. My understanding is that the performance categories go something like:
Arcam, Marantz
Anthem
Lyngdorf

What do you think about M&K speaks? Would a Lyngdorf MP40 be too generous for top end M&K?

Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom