1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W Crossovers needed for Series 80. 802.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by gofers, Oct 2, 2005.

1. gofers

gofers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a pair of B&W 802 and Sevenoaks tell me that the cross overs have failed and having contacted B&W they do not carry spares any more. I love the speakers dearly - everything else is fine - can someone please guide me to a source for the crossovers. Much appreciated if you can help.

2. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Try Wilmslow Audio. The hardest part to get is the inductors as these will often not have any values marked on them but B&W may tell you the values, all the other components are easy to source. This could also be a good time to upgrade the crossovers for better quality items

3. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
  4. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are they 802 matrixs?I would contact B&W myself personally and see what they say personally.

5. dkrause

dkrause

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Were you ever able to obtain crossover information/replacement? I purchased a pair with damaged cabinets, however, what I got was heads and woofers but no crossovers or apoc. Woodworking is a hobby, but designing crossovers is out of my league (soldering parts if I have a schematic I would attempt). Any/all info you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Dave

6. gofers

gofers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wilmslow Audio were more than helpful and replaced the crossovers economically - thanks for kind advice

Richard