1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W CM2's, D Audience 52's

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by TobyJ, Nov 10, 2001.

1. TobyJ

TobyJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Listened to several sets of speakers today.
    Initially wanted to start off in the Mission 74 and Monitor Audio 5i range.

I want to start with hi fi speakers and then build the home cinema around them. Hence the initial preference for the Missions, with a good home cinema reputation.

I much preferred the MA's. Then we shifted up to some B&W CM2's. Even better. But OK you pay more.

Later, tried the Dynaudio Audience 52's. Liked them a lot aswell.
    Still undecided.

Several questions:

1. Didn't test any KEF's - is this a must do?
    2. From reading numerous reviews (pre and post testing), there doesn't seem to be much in the way of Centres and Rears from Dynaudio, but plenty from B&W. Anyone have any HC systems based around these, and are they any good?
    3. What sort of prices am I looking at for the full package, now that I seem to have moved up a level from the original M74 etc?

(for those who ask, I will probably go for the NAD370 or Roksan Kandy hi fi amp, plus the Arcam CD72, and either the Yamaha 620 or a Denon for the AV Amp).

Advice much appreciated.

And by the way, anyone who is embarking on their first serious HC and separates systems, listening is a must - even to my untrained, inexperienced ear, I was amazed at the differences I noticed. A day well spent.

Cheers

TobyJ