Question B&W CM10 S2 OR 804S

shezy

Hi All

Would like to benefit from knowledge of proud owners of B&W speakers.

I'm thinking of upgrading my speakers in the living room and trying to decide between used B&W CM10 S2 and 804s. Let me explain my current setup first.

Currently I have Kef Q700 fronts, Q600C Centre and Q300 surrounds with a BK XLS200 FF Sub in a 5.1 setup. These are being fed by Anthem MRX 300 AV Receiver with a Rotel RB-993 powering the front three (LCR) speakers. The setup sounds quite good to my ears but I wanted to try B&W for some time now and thinking of taking the dip finally. The room is 11 X 22 feet divided into two seating arrangements. Please note that I have rugs in front of both sofas which are not mentioned in figure. I've attached the layout to give an idea. I can also consider replacing JBL E100's in my dedicated home cinema room which is 14 X 12 feet room upstairs. Usage wise it'll be 60% Music and 40% movies if used in living room and 30% music and 70% movies in home cinema room.

I've heard few demos of B&W speakers at Bristol HiFi show over the years and have only owned a pair of 686 bookshelf for a brief period. But never had proper demo of any of the speakers I'm considering right now i.e. 804s or CM10 S2. I can audition CM10 S2 at a used hifi shop but again these will be paired with different equipment in a different room so it'll difficult to decide. The guy has also offered me to buy these and test at home for a week and can return these if I don't like them. No such option with 804s as most probably will be buying from fleebay.

I've been reading on the forums for few days now and found @BlueWizard comments regarding CM10 and 804D but couldn't find anything on direct comparison between CM10 S2 and 804s.
Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

Attachments

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom