1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W Center Speaker?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jasbyuk, Dec 22, 2001.

1. jasbyuk

jasbyuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, I need a center speaker.

I have the B&W DM 601 S2's.

The guy in Sevenoaks reckons the B&W L (Something like that, maybe) center goes well with my fronters. I'd like to stick with B&W's, but I need to know which center will go with my fronts.

Thanks guys and gals,

-J

2. boogie man

boogie man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i got b&w all round stick with bw you need to match all fronts & centre the same so go for cc6 s2 for best sound... keep the same tone :D

3. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    You could go for the bigger one which is the LCR6. There is one for sale on yahoo auctions at the moment. Dont forget most of the soundtrack from movies comes from the centre so it is best to go for something that is good quality.

Darren

4. magking

magking
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I will recomend the LCR6s2 over the cc6, i auditioned them both and went with the LCR6s2. Check out the test in HCC, they recomend it to.

5. RC

RC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Latest centre speakers in the 600 range (series 3) are the LCR6S3 and the bigger LCR600S3. If your intention is to match them with the 601S2's, then I would have thought that the CC6S2 would be best suited, but it's just my opinion. Go see and hear them for yourself.

6. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    You may be pushed to find the old Series 2 600 series now, which means you may miss out on the cc6 or LCR6. If you can't find one then the LCR60 and LCR600 are the replacements, they are much better speakers. The same prices apply as they are direct replacements.

7. torimusic

torimusic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an LCR6 S2 for a centre and it is a very well finished speaker with a really attractive look.

The only snag is that it is not totally magnetically shielded as stated on the specs.
    If I place it on top of my TV, it is okay at low volume levels. The moment I crank up the volume, the image on the TV will distort for a short burst everytime there is a loud noise (eg. action sequence) coming through the speaker. I had to solve the problem by putting the speaker on a home made stand in front of the TV with the top of the speaker (speaker is on its side) just below the infrared sensor.