1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b&w cdm1nt owners a better quality sound than previos speakers in sterio opinions ple

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mick23, Jul 14, 2002.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i recently changed my 5.1 set up from mordaunt -short ms54 fronts to b&w cdm1nt fronts, i auditioned kefq1,mission m50,b&w601s3,and cdm1nt, went for cdm1nt in the end so i would not have to upgrade fronts in future, my mate who came with me loved the cdm1nt (he has bw603s3 himself) because i am a bit deaf in my left ear it is harder for me to notice a lot of differance in sound quality, i played m.jacksons history cd with my old speakers it sounded awful like someone banging a stick inside a biscuit tin, sounds same with cdm1nts and denon 3802, my query is do owners of cdm1nts find these are better speakers than what they had before for sterio use, (i normally like dire straights ie sailing to philidelphia, golden heart etc) due to room shape i have speakers each side of tv, about 40inches apart, 8inches from back wall and a corner, i know this is certainly not ideal speaker placement but room is 4.5m by 3.5 and an odd shape thank you all

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Garbage in, garbage out....
    Your equipment is fine. :clown:

Seriously, have you checked the phase is correct between your speakers and receiver?
    Positive wires to positive connections at both ends with all speakers?
    Incorrect phasing can result in the effect you describe.