1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W asw675

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Andywilliams, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    hi folks
    I don,t know if this will intrest anybody but i purchased one of these subs today after eventually selling my rel q150e.I tried to talk the misses in to letting me buy a velodyne but to no avail just too big for our room. Anyway all i could do was to look for a sub not too big but powerfull. The differance between the rel and the b&w is like hot and cold the power from the asw675 can be felt and heard where as with the rel the sound is heard but not felt very well .so to those of you who can't accomadate a larger than life sub you could do alot worse than the b&w asw675 and the finish of the sub in sorrento is brill.very waf as well.
    The weight differance surprised me as well the rel only weighed 24pounds where as the b&w weighes 56pounds but is only slightly bigger anyway ill stop rambling on.
    Gonzo:)

2. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You got it then, yet another REL user is converted. If you believe UK mags REL are the only choice when it comes to subs, thank god for forums like this.

P.S - Not an anti-REL post, just a dig at UK mags for wearing blinkers.

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Don't run down the Q150 too much as many people will have to sell theirs before buying an HGS and you'll kill the market.

4. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    hi apocalypse
    I would like to thank you for your advice in my search for the right sub for my circumstances and like you said thank god for these forums they can help point people in the right direction without being too biased.
    gonzo.:)

5. cidre

cidre
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone made a direct head-to-head comparison between B&W ASW-675 and Velodyne CHT-10?

I, too, am looking for a small sub that performs well. The ASW-675 costs almost twice the price of the CHT-10 (at least here in Finland), so I guess it should bring improvement over the Velo, not only as being smaller, but performance-wise as well to be worth the extra cash.

Also, I'd like to know the forum's opinion on where the Gallo MPS-150 would fit in this equation? I haven't been able to find it at the local hi-fi stores, but from what I've read, it sounds almost too good to be true for such a tiny thing.

6. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can only comment on the ASW675, when you find it's sweetspot it delivers tremendous performance for it's size, it easily outperformed 2 x PS1000 (Paradigm) subs in every department so when it comes to 10" subs I'll stick my oar in for this one.

Phil