• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

B&W ASW650 + Kef3005's will it work?

FeTT

Standard Member
I purchased a set of Kef 3005's a couple of weeks ago to compliment my new Pioneer LX-50 (still waiting on delivery of this though), so my Kefs are running through my old Teac AG-D9300 for the time being. Anyway the main uses for my system are probably 50% gaming 360 & PS3, 40% movies DVD and HD and 10% music when the feeling takes me.

I can get a B&W ASW650 for what seems to me a very good price, basically would it be worth adding this sub to my set up either in conjunction with the Kef sub or as a replacement I would guess the B&W will go lower than the Kef.

I also have my old sub sitting here a Paradigm PS-1000 which has always sounded a bit off to me, though tbh Im not sure if its because of where its positioned in the room and the ports on the back are causing it anyway I think It will be going the distance soon.

Any advice would be much appreciated, and in case your wondering about the cost of the ASW650 I can get it for £70.

Cheers

Sean

Mr Ess

Established Member
I purchased a set of Kef 3005's a couple of weeks ago to compliment my new Pioneer LX-50 (still waiting on delivery of this though), so my Kefs are running through my old Teac AG-D9300 for the time being. Anyway the main uses for my system are probably 50% gaming 360 & PS3, 40% movies DVD and HD and 10% music when the feeling takes me.

I can get a B&W ASW650 for what seems to me a very good price, basically would it be worth adding this sub to my set up either in conjunction with the Kef sub or as a replacement I would guess the B&W will go lower than the Kef.

I also have my old sub sitting here a Paradigm PS-1000 which has always sounded a bit off to me, though tbh Im not sure if its because of where its positioned in the room and the ports on the back are causing it anyway I think It will be going the distance soon.

Any advice would be much appreciated, and in case your wondering about the cost of the ASW650 I can get it for £70.

Cheers

Sean

The ASW650 is an awsome sub for the money.....I know I had one (and a ASW750 - which isn't worth the extra in my opinion).

I'm sure you could run it with the 3005 setup although I would replace the sub not use it as well.

If you can get it for £70 then its either stolen, broken or the seller doesn't know what day it is. :rolleyes:

FeTT

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply think Ill add it to my collection. Anyway the reason I can get it so cheap is I work in a Cash Converters store , guy brought it in wanting to sell it, a colleage of mine was serving him unfortunatly theres no demand for av/audio stuff in the area our store is in (only stuf that sells is midi/mini hifi systems and the odd all in one DVD surround system) so recommended to the guy to sell it elswhere as we could only offer a very low price on it, as we always end up having to reduce stuff like that to less than what it cost us also its a very small store so space is at a premium. Anyway long story short the sub has some very slight cosmetic damage and the guy was after a quick sale so he accepted the offer and after my staff discount I get it for £70.

Sean

FeTT

Standard Member
Decided to get the ASW650 also had some more good news my dealer is going to exchange my 3005's for a set of the new 3005 SE's :D

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom