1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W ASW300 - Any Comments?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by newuser, Nov 28, 2002.

1. newuser

newuser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm currently on the look out for a sub to add to my system but space is of a premium. The reports on the REL Quake which would be perfect in size don't look too good and unfortunately the Velodyne CHT10 on the powerbuy is too big (damn!). Anyway, I came across this B&W sub which will fit and more importantly I guess might go well with the rest of my existing system which is all B&W (600 series).

Wanted to know if any one can help with either:

1. Any experience of this product and how do they rate it? (Or experience of other B&W subs?)

and

2. Any general comments on quality of B&W subwoofers against other manufucturers like REL/Velodyne etc?

All comments welcome...

Cheers

2. Test005

Test005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good topic!

I'm also looking for a sub to my B&W 600 series speaker setup.
    ASW 300 or the bigger 600.

C'mon ppl, pump in all your B&W sub experience here!!!

-T5-

3. GoggleBoy

GoggleBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in the same boat as U guys.
    I am looking for a sub to go with my system.
    603 s2 fronts
    lcr600 centre
    601 s2 rears

My friend thinks I am mad getting a subwoofer as the 603's have good power and my room ain't that large (4m x 3.5m) but I think it will add to the experience :D
    I was looking @ the REL quake as it had an awesome review in What Hi-Fi and the size is a major plus in my room. What bad things have you heard about it newuser?

Rgds,
    Goggs.

4. newuser

newuser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Goggleboy,

I'm afraid that I can't send you a link (not yet up to speed on that ), but if you do a search on Quake then you will come across a number of threads where the performance of the quake is "challenged" to say the least. (Including one from Ian the moderator who said it was better switched off than on!!).

Hence my original post. So does anyone out there own a B&W sub or are they a mirage????