B&W ASW2000 Popping

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by charltonfc, Feb 23, 2005.

1. charltonfc

charltonfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I have just purchased a B&W ASW 2000 and since plumbing it in to my Denon 3802 I get a soft popping sound every now and again, sounds like a bubble bursting? Anyone any ideas what this might be...?

Many Thanks

Steve

2. BestGear

BestGear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    ...could be interference from a fridge or central heating, or, if only experienced when playing loud, could be the drive unit hitting its limit of "internal" travel...not good....

D

3. BestGear

BestGear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    AH!

Just re-read your posting!

Bubble sound - does it appear when its sitting doing nothing?

My 605's do that when the internal amp switches off... after a few mins of non use...

D

4. charltonfc

charltonfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Thanks for the reply...

It makes the noise during quiet moments....just out of the blue...mind you, I wouldn't hear it during the other times anyway I suppose.. :)

Doesn't do it at any regular interval....just starting to irritate me a bit.... :)

Cheers

Steve

5. Rip

Rip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi, it sounds like you have it swiched on to auto on setting, where it turns its self on & off when the bass starts & stops, thats the sound of the amp turning on & off. Just switch it over to the allways on setting when you are going to watch films.

6. charltonfc

charltonfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep its on the auto on setting....my previous KEF was set to that as well and didn't give me a problem... :confused:

So after a period of time the amp shutsdown if no bass feed is received? I would have thought there would almost be a constant feed whilst the TV is just on normal channels, so therefore wouldnt shutdown :confused:

I will set it to always on tonight as a test, sounds like you are right though..

Cheers

Steve

7. charltonfc

charltonfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Top shout guys..

Put it onto always on and no problem.....trouble is I forgot to turn it off and its been on since last night now.... :suicide:

8. Diamond

Diamond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's ok, you can keep it always on. When going out you can turn it off though. I use auto on mine, it works nice. 5-10mins when it turns itself off, no sounds coming from that. TV don't usually need/feed sub at all, so it stays off. Also a higher level of volume on the amp is needed to trigger it.