1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&w Asw1000

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jang150, Jan 12, 2003.

1. jang150

jang150

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been looking for a subwoofer for some time. i have seen this subwoofer advertised at £200 and would just like to ask peoples opinions on it. It seems good value and home entertainment gave it 5 stars. My room is 4m by 4m. Would it make a considerable difference or would i be better off with one of uncle erics velodynes

thanx in advance

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I see the reviews for the ASW1000 said it was a worthy rival for the REL Q100E, where as Uncle Erics CHT-10 goes one further and is a worthy rival for the REL Q150.

I know which one I'd go for. ;)

3. jang150

jang150

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    funds are tight and i don't think i could stretch to the velodyne CHT-10. is the velodyne worth the extra outlay. Will this sub be better than other subwoofers similar in price ie MJ acoustics, REL Quake. anyone who has heard this sub their info and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Any info & help would be appreciated

4. mal1

mal1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mind you Eric rates Q100e way above the Q150 so that still means the asw1000 is OK???

5. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I used to have a B&W ASW1000.
    Definitely buy a Velodyne from Uncle Eric if it's within reach, otherwise keep your cash for time being.

6. jang150

jang150

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    gringotts
    what areas was the B&W bad at. Would it be a better option than the paradigm subs.

7. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    jang150,
    I was delighted with my ASW1000 at first, I replaced it with a Paradigm Servo 15 which contrary to the experiences of a few other forum members, has worked perfectly reliably and I'm delighted with it.
    I'm not very good at describing differences so I'll leave that to others, except to say my B&W was very one-note and didn't start / stop accurately, particularly noticeable when playing DVD-A / SACDs and so on. A bit of a boom shake the room thing.

Uncle Eric is really the man to advise you properly, a Velodyne complete with his know-how and back-up service seems to be the way to go these days :cool: .