1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b&w asw-600 or velo cht-10, help?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by kamotes, Jan 7, 2005.

1. kamotes

kamotes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi to all ,from asian country seeking help! (I'm not lost guys :laugh: )

I'm planning to buy a sub and I'm eye'ing with the two(which my pocket permit) but which one? I'll use it for both music and movie (mostly to music) I listen to (basszzy) jazz type of music like diana krall, ana caram, norah jones,
    michael buble, eva cassidy and laura fygi.But for movie I want it to be real. pls.. help me decide. :confused: :lease:

2. kamotes

kamotes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is there any one else?

3. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi Kamotes

Im very surprised no one has responded to your thread. Please may I apologise on behalf of all the Forum members.

Im afraid I can only comment on the ASW-600 which is ok for the price. But I have not heard the CHT-10 so I think you may have to wait till another forum member or Trader replies.

Good luck

CH

4. kamotes

kamotes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Sir, for your small time answering my concern. Anyway I have my follow up question.
    Thus, "fast" music need fast and accurate subwoofer performance? Do you think in my type of music it really needed to be fast "sub" to be used, or Its not need to be picky in choosing a sub?
    Do you think a b&w asw-600 or cht-10 can satisfy my need for both music and movie? Is there anyone here had experienced with this two sub asw-600 and cht10. Let me know your comment pleased or else take your vote.

5. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi again.

Yes I think in my opinion that either sub would work very well indeed. However B&W have a strong musical background and would probably take the upper edge over the Velodyne.
    Im not sure if its an option for you but at the price level the MJ Acoustic subwoofers are incredible value for money and work very very well with music and film.

happy hunting

CH

6. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Any bassy music will be ruined if you listen to it with a sub that either cannot keep pace with the notes or where the bass sounds bloated and overblown.

I can't help with your choice from those two subs though but in general B&W have a musical heritage whereas the CHT in the Velodyne subwoofer stands for "Classic Home Theater" which indicates the market segment that this particular model is aimed at.

7. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Come now Ian, a man of your SW background should surely be able to recommend a good SW at this price point! What would it be?

CH

8. kamotes

kamotes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks again CH, I dont think I can find a MJ Lab model here, anyway I should try to look.
    Sir., Ian I thought from this forum theres a lot of user of this two brand and specially CHT model from velo.Anyway thanks for your clarification thanks and more power.

Last question Sir., thus, B&W have already manufactured some of their product in China, like velo.

9. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Unfortunately I don't know anything about the pricing structure and availability of subs in the Philippines. One obvious candidate would be the SVS PB-10 as that costs the same wherever you live with only the shipping and duties being a variable. It would probably considerably outperform the two mentioned too.

10. czedryk

czedryk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Kamotes,

The rule of the thumb is alway Audition, audition, audition...

You can check out Sound Dimension (Park Square, Ayala Center)... They have both subs you are eyeing...

Or if you want other opinions... You can also checkout PinoyDVD.com