B&W AS2 - other options?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by enzo27, Sep 9, 2007.

1. enzo27

enzo27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    am first time user of this forum and have just spent 3 hours looking at lots of threads on tvs etc. its been a huge help. so here is my question:

just moved over to london from the US and am still staggered at the difference in prices on audio equipment. i had to dump/sell my tvs, receivers etc b/c voltage differences. my sub suffered the same fate.

so i am looking for a new sub for my receiver/home theatre. most people have trashed the B&W AS1 as being too small (fair enough). so i am now focussed on the AS2 and cant seem to find any one who will sell it for less then 350 quid. a guy at store i went into tried to sell me a "lucid" at a very cheap price - couldnt find ANY info about online.

any suggestions on alternatives or even if the AS2 is worth it? i am not looking for top quality stuff. just something solid for watching movies and listening to music.

thks

2. AngelEyes

AngelEyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,635
    Hi and welcome to blighty! :hiya:

I can't help on your subwoofer of choice as I know zero about it but in the £200-400 range BK Electronics do some great subwoofers. Do a forum search on BK Gemini, BK XLS200 and BK Monolith. If you want to stay faithful to the home country then SVS should be on the top of your list. Check out the PB10 and if you are feeling a bit flush the SB12.

Enjoy,

Adam

3. bsimmer3000

bsimmer3000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    enzo i have sent you a pm with place that has the as2 for 225gbp. hope this helps

4. SuperDriveGuy

SuperDriveGuy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Bsimmer3000,
    Please let me know where I can get the AS2 as well.

Thanks in advance.

:)