1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b+w and the denon avr3801

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by davinder, May 20, 2001.

Tags:
  1. davinder

davinder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello folks,
    Got a little problem. Perhaps one of you guys can help me out. The b and w s2 series are all bi-wired right? So how does the denon avr3801 take these into account. I can only can one set of wires from a single speaker, leaving the other 2 wires just dangling no where. Also has anyone had any problems setting up the on screen display function from the remote? :( null

2. JT

JT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The speaker ends just need to be joined together at the amp end. Just make sure +&+ and -&- stay together, and than clamp them to the speaker post or into bananas.
    JT

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1) To Bi-wire you need to connect the 2 red/positive/phase conductors together at the Denon end and likewise for the black/negative/neutral/common so in effect you have two wires per channel leaving the amp (red and black although each have two cables connected to each) and at the speaker end the two reds and blacks are split to give 4 coductors (2 reds and 2 Blacks) to feed the 2 pairs of connections on the speaker thus feeding the split cross-over with the same signal. Polarity is essential.
    Are you confusing Bi-wiring with Bi-amping? the latter is not possible with the 3801 and is usually associated with mono-block or multi-channel power amps.

2) On screen display on the 3801 (via composite ONLY i believe) is simplicity itself. Please specify exact problem.

Regards

SteveEX