B&W 804 - Mordaunt Short 302 - 7.1

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by tietq, Feb 5, 2005.

1. tietq

tietq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I have a pair of B&W 804, and my Yamaha receiver is a 7.1. Now I am considering buying the Mordaunt Short Premiere package to make it a 7.1 system. Any suggestions? Do you think the Mordaunt Short Premiere package would match the B&W 804's? :confused:

QT

2. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why not stick to B&W allround?Do you really need 7 speakers?why not stick to five,but better quality.

3. tietq

tietq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Thanks for the advise.

However, I thought it was kind of neat to have the options of listening to the different settings from the Yamaha. The additional 2 in the front can create the delay and provide the echo-like sound that gives it a sense of depth. It may not be the best for all music, but for some of them, the sound is enhanced.

In addition, the Mordaunt Short premiere is sold in a package of 4 satellites and a center channel, and the price is not bad, for about $600. From what I read, these speakers are very small, and they should look quite good for a relatively small room.

With $600, I don't think I can do much with the B&W's. Is that right? What would you suggest?

Any other thoughts?

QT