B&W 803 D3 Gloss Black on eBay - WARNING ⚠️

I see. So if someone had enough of the relevant details stolen from them to enable a fraudster to make a payment and collect goods, that person could potentially get their money back and the seller would have the money taken out of his account again. Is that right? Doesn't quite seem fair to me but good to know for future reference.

Not likely in that situation in my opinion, an account being hacked is generally down to account holder negligence so they would suffer the loss rather than the person a payment had been made to. If the funds originated from crime/money laundering that might be a different situation.

The faster payment system doesn’t allow for payments to be recalled without permission of the person the funds have been sent to. If recalls were possible can you imagine the level of fraud completed!

Sounds like the OP was beyond lucky in this respect.
My bank had held the payment until next morning due to the amount and also new payee to my account. They wanted to a further security check. The seller was happy to let me go with the speakers after taking a copy of my driving license. Foolish on his part for not making sure he had fully cleared funds.

My bank had held the payment until next morning due to the amount and also new payee to my account. They wanted to a further security check. The seller was happy to let me go with the speakers after taking a copy of my driving license. Foolish on his part for not making sure he had fully cleared funds.

Thank your lucky stars and buy a lottery ticket!

theres always a scammer ive had it done to me not with speakers was a coffee machine i sold on ebay it was well packed and the buy said it was damaged in transit haha its so easy to take a couple of screws out make it look like damaged take pics then ebay always sides with the buyer not the seller had give partial refund goes to show you cant trust no one can you

I don't know how these people sleep at night. I had a seller on ebay try to scam me with an Oculus Rift a while ago, got my money back in the end but I still had to deal with the slimy so and so with their denials and attempts to blame me. It really left a bad taste in my mouth and ruined what should have been a great present to myself.

It's a real shame karma doesn't exist, I'd love for all these scammers to get a taste of their own medicine. Kids should be forced to watch TNG in schools for a good dose of morals, I learned more from Picard than I could ever hope to learn from any crazy cult book.

Hey guys,

From what I understand talking to B&W guys at the Windsor Hifi Show, those heads on the 800 Series are meant to be loose as they are decoupled, they're just meant to be floating on top of the cabinet. There's some transit screws towards the rear of the turbine head that completely decouple the head while moving from location to location, and once the speakers are installed from transit, require a re-seating of the head to ensure everything is relocated in their correct positions.

If this re-seating isn't applied, there's every chance that the tweeter body and the turbine head are mis-aligned and can be touching at places where they're not meant to be touching, and result in rattles.

regards

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom