1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W 705's classed as small or large on Denon 2805

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by alexcord, Oct 18, 2004.

1. alexcord

alexcord
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am fairly new to this game and am just wondering if the "Speaker Setup" in my Denon 2805 should be set to small or large for my 705's. Last thing I want to do is break these babies!!

Many thanks

Alex

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Defining speakers large or small merely lets the amp know how you wish the bass signals to be distributed but whichever you set it to will not harm the speakers.

If you don't have a subwoofer you will need them set to large so that they will receive a full range signal. If you do have a subwoofer I'm afraid that the answer is to try them out as both large and small to see what sounds best to you as there isn't really a right or wrong way

3. danny daniell

danny daniell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    If you are using a sub,maybe set the amp to "small" as this will reduce the pressure on your power amps to produce the really low frequencies & possibly give you a better overall sound

Regards Dan

4. alexcord

alexcord
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers guys. I do have a sub but just wanted to make sure that I was not doing any damage. I will conduct some tests to see which I prefer, thanks!!