1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W 703 vs 704

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by drpje, Jun 21, 2004.

1. drpje

drpje

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in the market for a new set of speakers to replace my B&W CDM-1NT's What are the differences in sound between the B&W 703 and 704 speakers. I mainly listen to jazz CD's and like a good midrange and crisp high end with good imaging. What would be a good integrated amp to go with the speakers at under $1,200 I plan to purchase a NAD C542 CD player. My listening room is 22x11 feet. Is the difference in sound between the 703 and 704 speakers worth the price. Thanks

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,671
    With respect to your amp question....It's well worth considering a used Krell KAV300i or similar if you can find one at your price(thats £1200 I assume,not dollars!),although the market at that price is filled with good offerings from a lot of manufacturers,but I'd personally feel that a Krell will give you better control and power delivery than most other integrateds at that price,and should cope very well with B&W's.

As to the speakers...I don't have experience of the 700 series,but do be very careful to compare both to your CDM1's as the overall balance is going to be very similar,albeit with better bass extension.

3. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I demoed the 703 and 704 together and did a comparision some time back, a search should find the thread, I don''t have time to go looking right now.