Bargain Expired B&W 700 range on heavy sale!

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PT has big sale on 700 range. I looked few other dealers and they had normal prices still. Probably new 700 range being introduced soon as these came 2017.

b&w sales.png

Anyone want to go halves on the 705 signature in Datuk for centre channel duties?

Over £1K off the B&W 703S2 at Doug Brady, Warrington. Astonishing discounts. Why? Anyone who paid full price will be justifiably annoyed.

Over £1K off the B&W 703S2 at Doug Brady, Warrington. Astonishing discounts. Why? Anyone who paid full price will be justifiably annoyed.
End of Line - there is a new model out soon - its what happens

End of Line - there is a new model out soon - its what happens
I thought this range has only been out for a few years. Crikey, my CM4s / CMC is even further behind. 😳

Looking at the B&W site there's no mention of new models. Hard to know what they could have improved.

Looking at the B&W site there's no mention of new models. Hard to know what they could have improved.
Peter Tyson have alluded to it and was mentioned in a conversation I had with SSAV

Am I the last person in England using CM4s? After switching music playing from my Yamaha AVR to a Naim XS3 there was a huge improvement in the overall sound but especially the bass.
Looking at the frequency response of the latest 704 it didn’t go as low as mine. 43Hz compared to 37Hz. Odd. 🤔

Am I the last person in England using CM4s? After switching music playing from my Yamaha AVR to a Naim XS3 there was a huge improvement in the overall sound but especially the bass.
Looking at the frequency response of the latest 704 it didn’t go as low as mine. 43Hz compared to 37Hz. Odd. 🤔
No experience with the CM4s if you’ve got the upgrade itch like I have then I would try and get hold of a demo Pair to compare - I couldn’t resist the opportunity to snap up the 702 signatures and due to how they sound I’m going for the 705 sigs for rears as I listen to all channels stereo with music - that tweeter on the signature is sublime 👍🔥

@KWB1 , I bought my CM4s in 2000 along with a Denon AVR as home cinema was important to me. Prior to that I had a Townshend Rock turntable and Audiolab 8000C/P pre/power amps. The British ones, not Chinese. Superb sound.

For 20 years I’ve listened to music through first the Denon and then a Yamaha AVR.

Then during lockdown I found out about HT Bypass and ended up with a Naim XS3. The sound through the CM4s was transformed and I’m still happy with it. Bass is solid and controlled, midrange is decent enough and treble is perhaps lacking that sparkle. But I’m old enough to know that a brighter sound can become tiring if overdone.

Given Doug Brady stock the Bluesound Node 2i and the Naim I keep thinking about arranging a shop demo with a final decision only after a home demo.

But I listen to my system and it still sounds okay so I’m happy to wait until reviews are out on the new B&W range and then I’ll have a think.

Decided to snap up the HTM71 S2 at 50% off instead of the incoming £1700 S3

Bargain - Looks & Sounds good to me 🔥

Attachments

• 888DBAD8-3ED4-4546-8777-BF787BCB9552.jpeg
    888DBAD8-3ED4-4546-8777-BF787BCB9552.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 04362137-40BB-4A9D-9E64-057E34E6A23F.jpeg
    04362137-40BB-4A9D-9E64-057E34E6A23F.jpeg
    514.3 KB · Views: 92

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel