B & W 607 2nd Hand Value

Witterings

Established Member
Reaction score
A friends selling a 2nd hand pair of original 607's (not 2nd anniversary) .... roughly what are they worth?

It's always one of those things that's a bit awkward between friends .... I think he feels he's got to discount them because it's a friend and yet I'm off the opinion he shouldn't have to as he also wants the money to put towards an upgrade and he could sell them elsewhere for their real value and at least I know their history.

Any help appreciated, I've never bought / sold 2nd hand HiFi before so have no idea if there's a general "rule of thumb"?

Try eBay and see what prices they go for

Look on line. If he wants to undercut online prices, buy him a couple of 🍺 pints

Try eBay and see what prices they go for
Look on line. If he wants to undercut online prices, buy him a couple of 🍺 pints

Had already tried that as 1st port of call but there's virtually none for sale I guessing as they're a relatively new'ish model and hence the post to see if there was a rule of thumb for hifi / speakers.

Well A couple of months ago I advertised my 606s for £360 which interested parties seemed happy with. I think at the time of purchase the 607s we’re about £100 less than the 606s. I would extrapolate from that.

They were originally £399 (vs £549 for the 606) but dropped £100 / £150 respectively just prior to the new versions coming out. This was late 2019 early 2020 just before lockdown as I bought mine at the time.

Had already tried that as 1st port of call but there's virtually none for sale I guessing as they're a relatively new'ish model and hence the post to see if there was a rule of thumb for hifi / speakers.

I can see plenty in completed listings. Lowest I spotted was about £155 unboxed up to around £280 for new/open box. Looking at all the ones sold inbetween those amounts I think £200 would be reasonable.

I can see plenty in completed listings. Lowest I spotted was about £155 unboxed up to around £280 for new/open box. Looking at all the ones sold inbetween those amounts I think £200 would be reasonable.

Must admit I didn't look at completed listings .... I've only evere heard of that once before years ago and had totally forgotten you could do that and cheers for your help!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom