B&W 605 S2 Subs Clicking

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by manojb, Apr 12, 2001.

1. manojb

manojb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own a pair of these speakers which are dirven by my Sony STRB 930 amp and I noticed
    that if i put the LFE level on max and turn the vol up to 50%, I get a nasty "clicking"
    noise when the active sub kicks in - is this my amp clipping or is my speaker blown? With
    the LFE setting mid way, there is no interference and it only happens on the right
    speaker?? My speakers are under guarantee till Sept so I could get them checked out - but they are bloody heavy to shift!

2. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First check that the amp is or is not the problem. I am assuming you are running a phono lead from the amp to the speakers for the bass, otherwise the speakers are run full range and this is more tricky to diagnose. If there is a phono lead sub-out on the amp to the speakers connection then you could connect this to another amplifier and have a listen through normal speakers (keep the volume down!) Any "clicks" will have a frequency well above the reproducible minimum frequency of your speakers and will be audible. Otherwise adjust the levels on the speakers and try to investigate this.

If you have the original boxes for your speakers or can read the serial numbers from the labels on the rear, register your speakers at WWW.BWSPEAKERS.COM on the net and then put in a technical support request. B&W are one of the best firms I have dealt with when it comes to technical support, they call back in about a day.

Hope this helps (reckon it probably isn't the speaker itself!)

Matt