1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b&w 604s3 in small room?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Perminator, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Perminator

Perminator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

I'm looking for a pir of new speakers as fronts to my Denon 3805. I came over a 2nd hand pair which was sold for aprox £400 (about half the price of a new pair here in Norway). I have heard these are good speakers, but I'm a bit concerned that they may be to big for my room. My room is about 12 x 15 feet.

Will the B&W's be too much for my room? Has anybody here any comments on the B&W/Denon-combo, or just the B&W in general?

I thought this was a good offer, so I would be happy if anybody took their time to help me. Thanks!

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    I previously had a Denon 3802 and B&W 603s3's in a 8" x 16" room and they were excellent IMO.
    The 604's should also work well with the Denon, but you need to give them a lot of room, ie don't put them close to any walls as they need plenty of space to get the best out of them. If space is tight and you will need to stick them close to the walls then they are best avoided as you will get very boomy bass, although you can tame this a little with the port bungs that are supplied with the B&W's.

Mark.