B&W 603 vs FM6

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jc_dublin, Sep 19, 2007.

1. jc_dublin

jc_dublin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Price differences aside, are these speakers in the same ball park performance wise or are the 603's better because they are bigger......?

I'm just not sure do the FM6 compromise on quality for size/style or are they actually a higher grade speaker...

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    Very different indeed, the FPM range are lifestyle speakers with a heavy priority on aesthetics over performance at the price. They are designed to be used as satellite speakers with an active subwoofer and are not really capable of full range sound on their own. That said, as far as stylish speakers go they do actually sound very good indeed and would be up there as one of my top choices if I was looking for a lifestyle speaker package. More conventional designs of speakers will nearly always outperform more aesthetically led designs ata given price point. You need to decide whether you want looks or sound quality, if you want both then you should expect to increase your budget significantly.

3. jc_dublin

jc_dublin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

That was my fear,that they were aesthetics first,quality second....
    I know B&W aren't going to release a "bad" speaker...but still..

so in your opinion,there wouldn't be a jump in performance from 603 to FPM6 ?