B&W 603 v Fyne F501 v others

Morty NZ

Novice Member
Reaction score
I was given some sound advice not to refresh my AV receiver so instead I'm looking for a pair of speakers, maybe floorstanders to for 2ch stereo and the front speakers in 5.1/7.1.

I have a Yahama RX-V3900 AV receiver. In New Zealand choices can me more limited as you move up in price. Right now I can get really good deals on B&W 603s and Fyne 501 and 502s. I am open-minded to other suggestions too. I may not have the opportunity to listen to them before I buy but I will have to make do with that.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I was given some sound advice not to refresh my AV receiver so instead I'm looking for a pair of speakers, maybe floorstanders to for 2ch stereo and the front speakers in 5.1/7.1.

I have a Yahama RX-V3900 AV receiver. In New Zealand choices can me more limited as you move up in price. Right now I can get really good deals on B&W 603s and Fyne 501 and 502s. I am open-minded to other suggestions too. I may not have the opportunity to listen to them before I buy but I will have to make do with that.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I've also found a deal for the Q Acoustics 3050i Cinema package which could be a nice upgrade to the sub and staelittes too.

I've listened to the 501's and 603's and preferred the 501's. I found that they were (to my ears) a better balanced speaker, and I thought that they'd be much better over longer sessions. It's a tricky one though because, everybody's different, and has different tastes/rooms to put them in.
As an aside, in real life I thought that the 501 feels/looks like a classier product.
Of those two and the Dali Opticon 6 (I liked it but thought the top end might get wearing), if I was looking for a speaker in that price bracket, the 501 is the one that I would get. It's also easier to position, with it's downward firing port.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom