b&w 603 s3 how good????????

jason t

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi can anybody tell me if these speakers are any good for music and home cinema i will be running them with a denon avr2801..

i heard the 602.5 s3 and thought they sounded really good,will the 603's be much better??

thanks jason

awaiting relies with cc in my hand:D :D

I have them and they are incredible. A total overhaul from the previous series. The sound is highly detailed, the bass is unbelievably fast too with their new aluminuim bass cones. The 603's aren't a massive improvement over the 602.5, but the extra cabinet volume and bass extension is handy. PLus, the 602.5 is just an extended 601, NOT a extended 602! Don't be fooled. The 6003 specs are far above this.

Brillient for music and HT.

thanks david

i am itching to buy a pair but i havent heard them yet!!

where did you buy yours and how much??

thanks jason

Hi Jason,

I'm using these in my set up with a Denon 3802. The speakers I've got are 602.5 fronts, LCR60 centre, and 601 surrounds. I don't have a sub at the moment, but as my room isn't very big, I don't feel I need it at the moment. I listened to the 602 as well for the fronts, but decided that the 602.5 was more to my taste, but it was a close call (it was a good job the guy at the shop was patient!).

I would definately recomend these speakers, they even manage to be an improvement on the S2's.

When room allows, I may upgrade to 603's and use the 602.5's for surround, and 601's for surround back, and add a sub of course.

Anyone in the York area who's interested, check out the Sound Organisation on Gillygate, they spent hours with us when we could't decide on the final set up, and have been helpful every step of the way.

Ian
[email protected]

Jason,

I have to agree with Miniholic and dAvE6's comments. I picked up some 603s3's at last weekend and they fantastic for both HT and stereo - great clarity, detail and nice controlled bass over the 603s2. Driving these ia a Sony TA-VA777ES and am enjoying a system with real scale and presence now. Along with this I am using a REL Q200e and this blends in really well with 603s3's.

I have ordered the LCR600 to replace my LCR6s2 and am going to audition 602.5s3 vs 601s3 for rears - as you can tell I am rather taken by this new range - and to boot they are very attractive in sorrento :D :D :D

For ref I got mine from Audio T in Camberley and got them for £540 - though it took a lot of wrangling.

Please let me know if you want any more convincing :D

Cheers

Aaron

Gents,
Sorry to interrupt here, I'm contemplating these speakers also, I'm just curious what you upgraded from?

Cheers
Mark

I went from 602s1 to 603s3 - I had audtioned the 603s2 previously but wasn't particularly impressed.

The differance now is really quite noticeable.

Cheers

Aaron

I upgraded from a pair of 601 s2 at the front, a crappy cc6 centre speaker and 303 speakers for the rears and a yamaha SW45 subwoofer.

Now i have a LCR600 s3 centre speaker, a pair of 603 s3 for the fronts and a brand new pair of 601 s3 for the rears with atacama nexus6 speaker stands, and also a REL Q200 subwoofer now. In the apce of 6 months i've overhauled my setup but am completely happy now. It's just going to take a while to integrate the sub properly and have the speakers run in. The LCR600 in particular is outstanding. IMO the old CC6 was terrible and thin but no one else seemed to agree with me at the time. Personally i'm damn glad i upgraded. I'm also perfectly happy with my 50hz tv. panasonic 28pk3. I'll only upgrade that in about 3-4 years when HDTV's and the like are common place AND reliable(unlike 100hz today).

hi dave where did you buy the lcr 600 and how much was it??

i have found the 603s3's for a bargain of around £480 ish but i have to import them but they dont do the lcr 600

jason

Mark,

I didn't reallly upgarde as such, I've had my DVD played for 2 years now, and have been runing through a normal Technics Hi-Fi whislt saving for some decent kit. I could have got something sooner (I looked at Missions Cinema 6 and Denon 1601), but i decided to wait and get the best I could afford, rather than buy cheaper and spend years wanting to swap it. Thats why I've not got the full set up yet, hopefully a set of 603's and a sub will follow next year. :D

Get yourself a demo booked you won't be disappointed.

Ian

Originally posted by jason t
hi dave where did you buy the lcr 600 and how much was it??

i have found the 603s3's for a bargain of around £480 ish but i have to import them but they dont do the lcr 600

jason

Jason i just bought them from the nearest supplier of hi-fi equipment. Dealers are all over the place. I live in Bath.

Check the www.bwspeakers.com website for a store locater.

Ian - where do you have to import them from? I'm after these B&W's, and it might be local to me?!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom