1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W 602 S3's or Yamaha NS-300's

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by morksbeanbag, Feb 24, 2005.

1. morksbeanbag

morksbeanbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    hi all,

i'm looking at upgrading my speakers. I presently have a pair of Yamaha's NS-300. I have always been very impressed with their cinema performance however their musical side is simply not as satisfying.

I wondered if anyone had any experience with both. I realise the B&W's bass will not go as deep but i'm hoping they'll be much better for music. I'm planning on buying a pair of partington super dreadnoughts to stand them on.

I'll not be buying a brand new £300 pair of b&w's if i do buy them so i doubt i'll be able to audition them.

Anyone have any advice would be great.

Ben.

2. get1a2get1a2

get1a2get1a2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there go for the b$w 601 speakers the smaller ones alot more detail on the midrange
    i had a pair of 602 s3 and was not very inpressed with them to much bottom end alright if you like bum bum plenty of bass

3. Falp

Falp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I wound't go for the B&W with your Sony source and amp... I would start for a non-metal tweeter speaker option... try something like Quad L or AE Elite...