B&W 602 S3 - fronts covers on, or fronts off?

cybersoga

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of B&W 602 S3's. I can't decide whether to have the fronts on or leave them off? Do they reduce sound quality at all? Should I be worried about dust collecting on my tweeters?

If there is a difference with the grills on/off ? I don't think the difference could be heard myself. Try listening to them with the covers on/off and see what you think. If you prefer them with the grills off and you are worried about the dust on the drivers then just keep them off while the system is on and pop them back on when you have finished.

hmm.... are they black or sorento? If they are black then keep them on if they are sorento then IMHO they look better off.

Taz.:cool:

What are the 602s3's like by the way? What amp are you using?

I'm thinking of getting a pair myself.

Originally posted by aris
What are the 602s3's like by the way? What amp are you using?

I'm thinking of getting a pair myself.

They are not bad but I use mine as rear surrounds, get the 603's or even better the 604's if your gonna be using them for fronts as the number says 602.5 are 2.5 way and the 603's are 3 way.

Originally posted by Taz
They are not bad but I use mine as rear surrounds, get the 603's or even better the 604's if your gonna be using them for fronts as the number says 602.5 are 2.5 way and the 603's are 3 way.

Just set mine up!
603's front
602.5 rear
Now all I need to do is really p**s off the neighbours and run them in!:devil: Waiting the arrival of Queens A night at the opera on DVD-A to give them a good test. Bohn Rhap in 5.1:D

Agree that you should go for the 603 if you can afford it. B&W list prices are 602.5's £400 pair & 603's £600 pair

good choice Mark!

I have the 602.5 rears 603 fronts and the lcr600 ctr and I am V pleased with them!:D

[nitpick mode]

The 602.5 are not 2.5 way, they are 2 way (identical to the 602s, but in a floorstanding cabinet). The 603s are 2.5 way, the 604s are 3 way.

identical to the 602s, but in a floorstanding cabinet

Actually, the 602.5 has the same drive units as the 601. I prefer the sound of the 602's to the 602.5's for 2ch stereo. However, the 602.5's may work better as rear surrounds as they have smaller drivers than the 602's.

Make sure you have the covers ON when kids are around . They will prod the speakers cones & you will end up cursing , believe me from experience.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom