1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W 602 fronts... what's a good sattelite rear/center etc

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jabberwock1977, Jun 28, 2004.

1. jabberwock1977

jabberwock1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I was going to get some Kef eggs or something (for aesthetic reasons) but I can't bare to say goodbye to my B&Ws so i may keep them as fronts and put up with their big blackness.

So are there any small sattelite-style speakers I should use as rear and center speakers? Is it abig no-no to use something such as the Kef eggs in conjunction with floorstanders/bookshelf speakers?

How about the subwoofer? Would the kef eggs' partner be suitable?

I'm probably going to use a Denon 1804. Should i get something more powerful now that I'm using the B&Ws as fronts?

Please bare in mind that space-saving aesthetics are important, that I'm a newbie and not a HUGE audiophile so can take some compromise.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    You can probably get away with anything half reasonable at the rear as matching them to the fronts isn't as important.

It is important the the centre speaker is a good tonal match for the front pair otherwise the sounds will change to the left and right and will begin to sound disjointed. I doubt whether the KEF eggs and B&W speakers have anything in common tonally and the result could sound awful. As it is many people don't seem to be happy with a KEF egg centre in a KEF egg system so I think that you should first look at a B&W centre before trying elsewhere

3. jabberwock1977

jabberwock1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ian.. that's helpful.

However from what I can see, all the B&W centre speakers are huge.. almost as big as the 602s and as well as there not being a big enough space on top of the TV it's just gonna a look a bit bulky. May have to revert to the total egg plan.

Why is this all so complicated!? Been looking into this for weeks now and it's one dilemma after another!