1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W 602.5 S3, KEF Q5 which one?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by explorer1979, Feb 13, 2005.

1. explorer1979

explorer1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

My listening room is about total 40 square feet (8 (L) X 5 (W) feet, but my room is all open, it is mean that no wall behind the AV cabinet, behind the AV cabinet is the main bed room, it is about a bed size width and high (I haven’t cal. Include this behind size of room since it is behind the AV cabinet, you can go to http://test.wusogorphoto.net/AVRoom.jpg to see my home’s plane figure of the AV room is how, and total 480 ft of my home.), and my Home Theatre system are now using KEF KHT 2005 suite speaker (Not the KHT 2005.2, it is the old KHT 2005 series with the PSW 2000 subwoofer) + Denon AVR-3801. And I am using this sytem for both music and movie over 3 year.

Now I want to replace the front main speaker from the small egg satellite KEF speaker to the new floorstander one to feeling better bass and midrange and clear/sweet treble for both music and movie for using about 5 to 10 years.

My main class for the music CD always listening is "New Age", "Smooth Jazz", "Jazz Female Vocal", "Chinese's Female Vocal", "Easy Listening", "Country", "Classical" CD, but will not listening any Rock type of music CD, so for the music, I just using pair of speaker for playback, and not using the PSW 2000 subwoofer, so the sound scene, enough but not too loud bass, and stereo playback is the important point. And my main class for the movie is general Hollywood action movie, so the bass for the movie effect is important too, of course, I still will open the PSW 2000 subwoofer to playback movie, but hope replace the egg satellite KEF speaker later, the new one can sometime helpful for the bass playback. My old KEF KHT 2005 just give me a up to grade feeling of the bass and midrange of the movie and music, my music and movie ratio is 50:50

Do anyone can give me some suggest for my need? Brand other than KEF and B&W also welcome, but it much better control between/understand HKD 5000 dollar (About USD 650 dollar)

And, the other question is, if I replaced the main speaker to the new, other brand than KEF’s UNI-Q Series like Q5 etc, the voice-matched will be not good for playback DD and DTS movie? Better choose a speaker with same Brand, same series is good idea?

P.S If you don’t know the HKD and USD ratio how to cal. You can go to http://finance.yahoo.com/currency?u to convert the value

Thank for your time.

2. explorer1979

explorer1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No one answer my question :-(

I choosed the KEF Q5, and it will arrived on tomorrow afternoon :thumbsup:

3. Douzeper

Douzeper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cant answer your question but a report on how the Q5's are would be most appreciated.